Home > Ending Violence > Getting Help > I need medical treatment

Are You in Danger?
Call 911 or your local police immediately.

Are You in Crisis?
Call the Assaulted Women's Helpline:
1-866-863-0511 (Toll Free) 1-866-863-7868 (TTY) 416-863-0511 (Toronto)

We care about your safety. Click on the "Safety Screen" option and a Google web page will replace this screen. You can return to this screen by using the “Back” button.

I need medical treatment

Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centres provide 24x7 emergency care to women, children and men who have been recently sexually assaulted.

Treatment centres provide services such as emergency medical care, including protection against sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy, counselling, collection of forensic evidence, and referral to community resources.

If you think you were drugged and sexually assaulted, treatment centres can also test to determine the presence of drugs in your body.  You can receive healthcare services without reporting to police.

If you think you may want to report to the police, immediately or later on, it is important to not shower or bathe before the medical examination.  During the examination, evidence will be collected and held for you in case you decide you want to report later.

For more information about treatments centres, visit the Ontario Network of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centres website or locate your nearest treatment centre.