The Leading Women, Leading Girls, Building Communities Award acknowledges and celebrates women and girls who demonstrate exceptional leadership in working to improve the lives of others in their communities, such as:
- Breaking down barriers and encouraging women and girls to get involved in non-traditional careers
- Championing or actively promoting issues such as equality, diversity, healthy equal relationships
- Preventing violence against women and girls
- Reducing racism and discrimination
- Encouraging women and girls to participate in any part of public service
- Acting as a positive role model by mentoring, coaching, leading events or organizations
- Providing a positive example to women and girls in their communities
Who is eligible for the award?
- Leading Girl nominees must be females under the age of 18 who have not received the award in the past.
- Leading Women nominees must be females over the age of 18 who have not received the award in the past. Nominees who have received the Leading Girls award may be nominated again if they have different accomplishments.
How do you nominate someone?
Your local MPP is responsible for the nominations in your community. For further information, please get in touch with your local MPP’s office.
How are the awards presented?
Recipients receive a Certificate of Recognition and a congratulatory letter from the Minister Responsible for Women’s Issues.